New York Medical School
Do you dream of doing great things as a physician? Romanelli Cosmetic Surgery wants to help make those dreams come true with a $2,500 scholarship toward medical school tuition in New York.
To be eligible, you'll need to (1) be accepted into an accredited New York state allopathic MD program, and (2) dazzle us with a winning video that answers the question, "What would you like to achieve as a physician?"
Dr. James Romanelli is proud to support the training of New York's future doctors. He earned his medical degree from State University of New York at Downstate in Brooklyn, is one of the leading plastic surgeons on Long Island, and is currently Chief of Staff at Huntington Hospital. The medical school scholarship reflects his deep connection to New York's medical community.
Video Submission Period:
3/31 — 5/31
(or until 100 qualified entries are received)
Contest Finalists Selection:
6/1 — 6/11
6/12 — 6/26
Up for grabs is a $2,500 scholarship available to any student enrolled in a New York state MD program in the 2017-2018 school year.
Scholarship applicants must submit a video with the following theme:
"Explain what you would like to achieve as a physician."
About Those Videos
- It can be a concise explanation of what motivates you. Short and sweet is fine; no longer than 3 minutes, please.
- Only videos submitted by providing a YouTube link will be accepted.
- When submitting the video, applicants must include a copy of their acceptance letter from one of the 14 accredited MD programs in New York state.
- By submitting the video to Romanelli Cosmetic Surgery, you are giving the practice permission to display the video on its website to be viewed and voted on by members of the general public.
You can submit a video starting March 31 until as late as May 31, 2017, BUT we will only accept the first 100 qualified entries, so don't procrastinate. Give yourself enough time to plan and execute a video that showcases your personality and passion.
Dr. Romanelli and his team will view all the submissions and narrow down the applicants to our finalists. This will occur from June 1 through June 11 (the "judging period"). At that point, we'll feature the final videos on our website and invite the public to watch and vote for their favorite. The public "voting period" will extend from June 12 through June 26. We will notify all applicants on or before June 11 if their video is among the finalists selected for the public vote.
The winner will be announced June 30, 2017.
Here is the fine print. Each applicant must:
- Be formally accepted to an allopathic medical school in the state of New York — i.e., pursuing a Doctor of Medicine, or MD — that is accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME)
- Submit a video that includes only original content
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have submitted one of the first 100 eligible videos entered in the contest
The scholarship winner can only use the money toward the cost of tuition. We will send a check directly to the New York allopathic medical school of the recipient's choice.