Dr. James N. Romanelli is a board-certified plastic surgeon serving Long Island (Suffolk County), New York City and surrounding communities. He is the Chief of Staff at Huntington Hospital in Huntington, New York. Dr. Romanelli received his undergraduate degree from the University of Notre Dame in 1978 and his medical degree from SUNY Downstate in 1982. He then completed eight years of post-graduate specialty training in general surgery, plastic surgery, and hand surgery. An exceptionally talented and skilled cosmetic surgeon near New York City, Dr. Romanelli is pleased to offer his patients the personalized, attentive care they deserve.
To meet Dr. Romanelli in person, request your free surgical consultation or call the office of Romanelli Cosmetic Surgery now at (631) 424-3600.
Dr. Romanelli is a highly regarded member of the Long Island plastic surgery medical community who has received numerous honors and awards.
- Chief of Staff at Huntington Hospital, a member of the North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
- Chief of Surgery at Huntington Hospital, a member of the North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System, 2000 – 2013
- Member of the American College of Surgeons Applicant Committee
- Inspector for the American Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities
- Recipient of the Spira Award for the best Plastic Surgery Chief Resident presentation, Houston, Texas, 1990
- Cum laude graduate of the University of Notre Dame
- Initially Board Certified in 1992, Dr. Romanelli Re-Certified in Plastic Surgery in 2004
As an active and involved medical professional, Dr. Romanelli maintains memberships on several medical societies.
- Active Member, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Active Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Member, New York Regional Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Member, Medical Society of the State of New York
Dr. Romanelli maintains privileges at Huntington Hospital, where he is Chief of Staff and an Attending Physician in Surgery, and at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset.
After receiving his bachelor's degree from the University of Notre Dame and his medical degree from SUNY Downstate, Dr. Romanelli completed eight years of post-graduate specialty training.
- Chief Resident in Plastic Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 1989-1990
- Plastic Surgery Resident, Baylor College of Medicine, 1988-1990
- Hand Surgery Fellowship, St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital, Houston, Texas, 1987-1988
- Chief Resident in General Surgery, Staten Island University Hospital, 1986-1987
- General Surgery Residency, Staten Island University Hospital, 1982-1984, 1985-1987
- Urology Resident, Downstate Medical Center, 1984-1985
Find Dr. James Romanelli on Google +