Long Island residents seeking plastic surgery don't have to go into the city for a great procedure. Dr. James N. Romanelli and his staff at Romanelli Cosmetic Surgery bring the expertise and leading-edge knowledge normally found in cities such as New York to their warm, caring, and comfortable Huntington office.
Dr. Romanelli is a board-certified, Long Island-based plastic surgeon with a long list of honors and credentials. As chief of staff at Huntington Hospital, Dr. Romanelli's extensive medical background pairs with his years of experience in cosmetic surgery to create beautiful results for patients from all over the state.
Dr. Romanelli received his undergraduate degree from the University of Notre Dame in 1978. He went to medical school at State University of New York Downstate, graduating with his M.D. in 1982. His 8 years of post-graduate training in general surgery, plastic surgery, and hand surgery enable him to offer his patients a superior experience, whether the procedure is minimal or complex.
To meet Dr. Romanelli and find out how his years of experience can help you, request a free consultation online, or call his office directly at (631) 424-3600 to make an appointment.
Dr. Romanelli Offers Plastic Surgery on Long Island
Dr. Romanelli has amassed many honors throughout the years, establishing him as a superior plastic surgeon on Long Island. His honors and appointments include:
- Chief of staff at Huntington Hospital, a member of the North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
- Chief of surgery at Huntington Hospital from 2000 to 2013
- Member of the American College of Surgeons Applicant Committee
- Inspector for the American Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities
- Recipient of the Spira Award for the best plastic surgery chief resident presentation, Houston, Texas, 1990
- Cum laude graduate of the University of Notre Dame
- Initially board certified in 1992 and re-certified in plastic surgery in 2004
- Active member, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Active member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Member, New York Regional Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Member, Medical Society of the State of New York
Dr. Romanelli is chief of staff at Huntington Hospital and also serves as an attending physician in surgery. He also maintains privileges at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset.
Dr. Romanelli received a wide variety of post-graduate specialty training after earning his medical degree from SUNY Downstate.
- Chief resident in plastic surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 1989-1990
- Plastic surgery resident, Baylor College of Medicine, 1988-1990
- Hand surgery fellowship, St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital, Houston, Texas, 1987-1988
- Chief resident in general surgery, Staten Island University Hospital, 1986-1987
- General surgery residency, Staten Island University Hospital, 1982-1984, 1985-1987
- Urology resident, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, 1984-1985
Find Dr. James Romanelli on Google +
Find Dr. James Romanelli on Smart Beauty Guide